Friday, July 30, 2010

IST600 Assignments.

I really enjoyed this class, and I got to do some really fun projects as part of it, which I'd like to share with all of you.
First up- my "Week in Review" presentation. We were given a lot of leeway on the project to express ourselves. I chose to use the one social networking tool we learned about that I had the least experience with, You Tube. I decided to make a slide show movie of some of the things I did during the week and upload it to my channel. Here is the finished product. Not too shabby for a first attempt (if I do say so myself...and I do).



Next up is our awesome group video which we filmed as a psa about the complicated world of social networking. I worked with Kai, Veronica, Carolyn, Donna and Rebecca on this movie and it was a lot of fun to take it from an idea, to a script and all the way to a finished psa. Hope you enjoy it!




Our last assignment for Social Networking in Libraries was to create a Library Marketing Plan. I'll admit, I was quite nervous about this assignment. I have no experience working in a library and despite all the various jobs I've had, none required marketing. So both ends of this assignment were pretty foreign to me. In the end I reviewed alot of marketing plans online and pulled the formating elements that I thought worked best for this assignment to use as the basework for my marketing plan. One thing I was kind of excited about was that I created a QR code to be used to link back to my Marketing Plan website. I don't have a smartphone, so I have to admit I have no clue if the code I created worked, but I did it! Hopefully it works for those of you with QR code readers, if not and for the rest of us, click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment